At New Horizons Wellness Services, LLC we offer occupational therapy services to pediatric and adult patients. With the help of occupational therapy, patients are able to achieve their full potential and a higher level of independence in the performance of activities of daily living (ADL). Our therapists provide creative solutions and resources for success in the daily activities of self-help, play, and school/work skills. Therapy sessions focus on increasing daily living skills through the treatment of limitations in:
- Gross and fine motor coordination needed for reaching, grasping, handwriting, and keyboarding skills
- Balance, coordination, core strength, and postural control
- Self care skills such as dressing and grooming
- Independent living skills such as cooking and housekeeping
- Community living skills such as money management, shopping, and transportation
- Sensory Processing and regulation
- Organizational skills to improve performance in home, school and work environments
- Cognitive skills and executive functioning
Our therapist work from an integrative model that draws from different approaches (e.g., “How does your engine run?” and “Social Thinking”) that are known to be effective. We work with patients who are seeking services for the first time and those who have previously received occupational therapy services, but require updated strategies to meet their current therapeutic needs. Our therapist can help these patients gain new and age appropriate tools. This is especially helpful during periods of transition, social pressure, or increased academic or work demands.
We tailor our approach and design an individualized treatment plan to meet the unique needs of our patients by focusing treatment around purposeful activities that help them develop specific life-skills while making the most of their abilities. Patients and family education is also provided to establish home programs to increase functional carry over.