Christine-Elise Tolfo completed her undergraduate education at the University of California – Irvine and is earning a Master’s in Occupational Therapy at University of Southern California in Los Angeles. She is excited about her second and final 12-week internship at New Horizons Wellness Services. She is passionate about helping individuals reach their fullest potential for independence across all life stages. Christine has occupational therapy experience working with individuals with various conditions through diverse student affiliations and volunteering opportunities including:
- Down Syndrome Foundation of Orange County
- Pre-school to elementary school-aged individuals with Down’s Syndrome
- Multiple pediatric therapy clinics
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy to children.
- Outpatient hand therapy
- All ages
- STAY Process
- Support for transition-age youth with severe mental illness
- School-based occupational therapy
- Mostly school-aged children and pre-adolescents with autism
- Hospital setting
- Occupational therapy in inpatient acute care; all ages.
Christine is thrilled to be at New Horizons Wellness Services, adding to her learning experiences as a new clinician and lifelong learner.